American Music Project Grant Application Guidelines
- AMP will award grants to performing organizations, presenters, orchestras, ensembles, or individuals for performances in the 2018-19 music season (from September 1, 2018 to August 31, 2019).
- All AMP grant applications for the 2018-19 season must be submitted by August 31, 2018.
- While AMP does selectively commission new works, AMP is not accepting applications from composers directly for performances of their own music.
- AMP is awarding grants only for performances of American classical repertory.
- While programs may embrace contemporary works, applications that have the best chance of success will show some sense of American music of the past, especially neglected and rarely performed 20th-century American composers. Also, 2019 will bring the 90th birthday of George Crumb and the 80th birthday of Ellen Taaffe Zwilich.
- As a new foundation, AMP funds are limited, so the best application advice is to be ambitious in scope and imagination while being modest in funds requested.
- Grants are to a large degree repertory-specific; therefore any grant awardee who materially changes their submitted program is in danger of forfeiting their grant.
- Only those being granted awards will be contacted by AMP.
- Grants will be announced October 1, 2018.