American Music Project Grant Application Guidelines
- AMP will award grants to performing organizations, presenters, orchestras, ensembles, or individuals for performances in the 2017-18 music season (from September 1, 2017 to August 31, 2018).
- All AMP grant applications for the 2017-18 season must be submitted by August 31, 2017.
- While AMP does selectively commission new works, AMP is not accepting applications from composers directly for performances of their own music.
- AMP is awarding grants only for performances of American classical repertory.
- While programs may embrace contemporary works, applications that have the best chance of success will show some sense of American music of the past, especially neglected and rarely performed 20th-century American composers. Also 2018 is the centennial year of George Rochberg and several leading composers will mark their 80th birthdays including John Harbison, John Corigliano, Charles Wuorinen, Joan Tower and William Bolcom.
- As a new foundation, AMP funds are limited, so the best application advice is to be ambitious in scope and imagination while being modest in funds requested.
- Grants are to a large degree repertory-specific; therefore any grant awardee who materially changes their submitted program is in danger of forfeiting their grant.
- Only those being granted awards will be contacted by AMP.
- Grants will be announced October 2, 2017.